Secret Millionaire



Well just incase you have missed it the show Secret Millionaire is back for a second season this time on ABC.  I actually missed it the first time around when it was on FOX but I saw the commercial a few weeks back and decided to check it out.  Let me just say this is one of the best shows I've seen in a long time.  I wish there was more good things like this filling up our televisions, instead of most of the garbage that is out there.  I'll be honest with you I just finished watching episode 2 for this season and I have cried during both episodes.  It just really is moving to see what the people who live in these communities are doing.  I also really love the aspect of this show where the millionaires spend a little time in the actual communities and get involved in some local organizations.  I love that part because, while it is amazing to watch some of their reactions when they get presented these large checks, the true "take-away" from this show to me is that you don't have to be a millionaire to help out and give back and make a difference.  I am so motivated by the individuals that run these different organizations.  It is clear to see Christ in each and every one of them.  Especially the two little old ladies from The Love Kitchen in Knoxville, TN.  They were two of the sweetest ladies and while they are providing hot meals for people the really invaluable thing they are doing is building relationships and a family.  And when they received the check the one lady turned to the camera and said that this just inspired her to do MORE!   I want to be like that lady!  This show is truly wonderful and I fully recommend it to anyone who needs their hope restored in this world.  There are a lot of good people out there and there are many needs and ways to get involved and help out.  So, take a look around your community and find an organization to donate some of your time to.  If you've missed the show so far you can check out the first two episodes on HULU.com or watch new episodes Sundays at 9pm on ABC.  If you watch the show I'd love to hear your thoughts.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts